Von Miller was interested in the Cowboys
Dallas fans saw Randy Gregory fail them in free agency, so they’ll probably be frustrated to hear another pass rusher has passed them by. In effect, Von Miller (OLB, Bills) was willing to make financial concessions to go to the Cowboys.
“I told them I was ready to come to the Cowboys,” he told The Athletic, “I was ready to take less money to play in Dallas because it’s Dallas anyway. But, I wouldn’t take much less. »
Indeed, Dallas would have offered Von Miller 70 million dollars over 5 years with 2 years fully guaranteed, the same contract that Dallas had offered for Gregory. Unfortunately, this offer was far from the proposal of the Bills who offered him 120 million over 6 years including 51 million guaranteed over 3 years. Also according to The Athletic, the Rams also tried to retain the veteran. Their offer exceeded that of the Bills in terms of average per year, but only two of the three years offered would have been guaranteed.
Madden 23: Trent Williams joins the 99 club
Trent Williams (OT, 49ers) will join the League’s Virtual Hall of Fame. EA Sports, the developer of the Madden video game franchise, has informed the offensive tackle that he will achieve the supreme rating of 99 in the upcoming installment, becoming the first offensive lineman in the game’s history to receive such an accolade. .
In a video posted to social media by running back Adrian Peterson, EA Sports representatives presented Williams with a gift box commemorating the honor.
Welcome to the 99 club, Trent Williams 👏
— B/R Gridiron (@brgridiron) July 7, 2022
Part of known Hall of Fame Class of 2023 semi-finalists
The Pro Football Hall of Fame has announced the list of semi-finalists in the senior and coach/contributor categories for the Class of 2023. Respectively 25 and 29 nominees have been shortlisted so far. These include Mike Shanahan (former head coach of the Broncos and Redskins at the time), Mike Holmgren (former head coach of the Packers and Seahawks), Roger Craig (RB, 49ers), Sterling Sharpe (WR, Packers), Robert Kraft (Patriots owner), Art Modell (former owner of the Browns and Ravens), Art Rooney Jr (VP of the Pittsburgh Steelers), and longtime coaches Dan Reeves and Marty Schottenheimer.
Among the seniors (player must have played their last match no later than the 1996 season), the remaining contenders are Ken Anderson, Maxie Baughan, Mark Clayton, Roger Craig, LaVern Dilweg, Randy Gradishar, Lester Hayes, Chris Hinton, Chuck Howley, Cecil Isbell, Joe Jacoby, Billie “White Shoes” Johnson, Mike Kenn, Joe Klecko, Bob Kuechenberg, George Kunz, Jim Marshall, Clay Matthews Jr, Eddie Meador, Stanley Morgan, Tommy Nobis, Ken Riley, Sterling Sharpe, Otis Taylor and Everson Walls.
For coaches/contributors, the contenders are KS “Bud” Adams Jr, Roone Arledge, CO Brocato, Don Coryell, Otho Davis, Ralph Hay, Mike Holmgren, Frank “Buko” Kilroy, Eddie Kotal, Robert Kraft, Rich McKay, John McVay, Art Modell, Clint Murchison Jr, Buddy Parker, Carl Peterson, Dan Reeves, Lee Remmel, Art Rooney Jr., Marty Schottenheimer, Jerry Seeman, Mike Shanahan, Clark Shaughnessy, Seymour Siwoff, Amy Trask, Jim Tunney, Jack Vainisi, Lloyd Wells and John Wooten.
The 12 finalists of the 2 categories will be known on July 27. Up to 3 seniors may be selected in the final vote on August 16. A single contributor or coach will be chosen a week later.
– Baltimore announced that they have re-signed the pass rusher justin houston for 1 year. He will receive $ 2 million for the 2022 season. The Ravens had exclusive negotiations with the player if he had not signed for another team by July 22.
– The Raiders have a new president. It is Sandra Douglass Morgan, who becomes the first-ever black woman president of an NFL team. She replaces Dan Ventrelle, sacked last May. (Las Vegas Review-Journal)
– After receiver Byron Pringle and linebacker Matt Adams, it’s the turn of David Moore (WR, Bears) to have legal problems. Indeed, the receiver, signed during free agency by Chicago last April, was arrested in Gainesville (Texas) on Monday for illegal possession of drugs and weapons. He was released yesterday after posting $5,000 bail. (KXII)
– Dan SnyderCommanders, through his attorney, has written a letter so he can testify via videoconference in the Commanders labor practices case. A possible list of dates towards the end of July has been proposed in this letter where there has not yet been a response.
The echoes of the training camps
– The Texans announced the opening to the public of 8 sessions during their summer preparation. These will take place at their training facility near NRG Stadium in Houston.
Rodgers promises busy training camp for offense
Aaron Rodgers (QB, Packers) warned the offensive squad a few days before the Green Bay Packers training camp which will begin on July 27.
“It could be very hard and long for the attack. » he declares in the Wednesday Pat McAfee Show
With the loss of Davante Adams and Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Aaron Rodgers finds himself with a new group of receivers who will face one of the best defenses of last season, and who have strengthened well with the re- signings of Rasul Douglas and De’Vondre Campbell or the additions of Quay Walker and Devonte Wyatt via the draft.
“The defense is superb. There will be difficult times for us but this will allow us to take more risks and improve. »
Don’t forget to follow us on social networks by clicking on the links: Twitter – Instagram – Facebook
You can support us directly on Tipeee.
Or by betting at Unibet.
Or by subscribing to NordVPN through this link.