Free agent this summer, Miles Bridges could hope to receive a maximum contract with the Hornets, or elsewhere with a little luck. A bright future for the interior, which has ruined everything on its side with its family. Accused of physical violence, Bridges is also being prosecuted for child abuse. If this is confirmed, it will be the end of the player’s career.
While he was the delight of the Hornets for a few seasons, Miles Bridges hoped to return next year, and in the long term alongside LaMelo Ball. The negotiations for his contract extension were not going to be easy, except that the player ruined everything on his side. The day before the opening of the free agency, and therefore of the talks, the person concerned was arrested by the police for domestic violence.
Terrible accusations for Miles Bridges, at the bottom of the hole
The player’s wife was quick to share damning photos towards the player, who was quickly released pending trial. Unfortunately, Bridges would have done much worse according to the Los Angeles County prosecutor in charge of the case. This is what ESPN shares about this sad soap opera, which could cost the player his career.
Miles Bridges is charged with domestic violence after assaulting his girlfriend in front of her two children last month, according to Los Angeles County. Prosecutor George Gascon says the office filed one count of injuring a parent of a child and two counts of child abuse in circumstances likely to cause serious bodily harm, or death.
The statement includes a serious wound about domestic violence, but does not specify the nature regarding the child abuse charges.
Very serious facts for Bridges, who risks downright prison if all this is confirmed. It goes without saying that his NBA career is probably over, since no franchise will want to give him a contract in the future.
For their part, the Hornets quickly shared a press release to express themselves on the Bridges affair. For the moment, no official sanction.
The Charlotte Hornets released the following statement regarding Miles Bridges: pic.twitter.com/87TQ8oNZ5h
— Charlotte Hornets PR (@HornetsPR) July 20, 2022
“We are aware of the charges regarding Miles Bridges today. We take all of this very seriously and will continue to monitor it carefully. Since this is a legal matter, we will not comment at this time. »
Miles Bridges could lose everything in his trial after the revelation regarding these counts. A file taken very seriously at the Hornets, and we imagine for the NBA as well. The interior has probably said goodbye to his playing career.