(Updated with details Bank of America, Tesla, Google, cruise lines, General Motors)
July 18 (Reuters) – Top stocks to watch on Monday on Wall Street, where futures are signaling a rise of 0.88% for the Dow Jones .DJI , 0.79% for the Standard & Poor’s-500 .SPX and by 0.97% for the Nasdaq:
* BANK OF AMERICA BAC.N published a quarterly profit above analysts’ expectations, the good performance of consumer spending and the strong demand for loans having limited the decline in activity of its investment bank.
➦ Bank of America-Investment bank weighs on Q2 profit
* GOLDMAN SACHS GS.N gained 3.7% in pre-market after reporting a less significant drop than expected in its profit in the second quarter.
* American OIL companies rose ahead of the stock market thanks to the rise in crude prices. CHEVRON
CVX.N and EXXONMOBIL XOM.N gained 1.86% and 1.58% respectively; WESTERN PETROLEUM OXY.N , SCHLUMBERGER SLB.N , BAKER HUGHES BKR.O HALLIBURTON HAL.N and VALERO VLO.N between 1.84% and 3%.
* Companies in the MINING SECTOR rose ahead of the stock market with the rise in industrial metal prices after Beijing’s announcement of support for the Chinese economy. FREEPORT-MCMORAN FCX.N gained 3.9%; New York-listed shares of RIO TINTO RIO.N and BHP BHP.N gained 4.6% and 3.7% respectively.
* DELTA AIR LINES DAL.N announced on Monday that it has ordered 100 copies of its 737 MAX 10 from BOEING BA.N for a value of approximately 13.5 billion dollars (13.3 billion euros) at the list price and has put an option for 30 additional devices.
➦ Delta Air Lines orders 100 Boeing 737 MAX 10
Delta Air Lines and Boeing took 1.8% and 3.5% respectively in forecourt.
* TWITTER TWTR.N — Elon Musk on Friday filed a motion opposing Twitter’s request for an expedited trial, saying the court should reject the social network’s “unjustifiable claim.”
➦ Musk seeks to block Twitter’s expedited trial request
* TESLA TSLA.O – The road safety authority in the United States, the NHTSA, announced on Monday the opening of a special investigation into the accident of a Model Y vehicle from the American manufacturer which killed a motorcyclist in California in 2021.
* STARBUCKS SBUX.O is not in a formal process of selling its UK business, a spokesperson for the group said on Saturday after The Times earlier reported that the cafe chain was exploring a potential sale .
* ALPHABET GOOGL.O, the parent company of Google, rose 1.8% in pre-market trading, on the eve of its first day of trading following the division by 20 of the nominal value of the stock.
Meanwhile, Google has been ordered by a Russian court to pay a fine of 21.8 billion rubles ($387 million) for repeatedly failing to remove content deemed illegal by Moscow, the report reported on Monday. Interfax news agency.
* ABBOTT LABORATORIES ABT.N said on Friday it expects the commercialization in the coming weeks of its EleCare baby powder produced at its Sturgis factory, which recently reopened after being at the center of the shortage of infant formula in the United States.
* BIOGEN BIIB.O — Wells Fargo analysts said Biogen could beat second-quarter profit forecasts when it reports earnings on Wednesday, thanks to strong demand for its multiple sclerosis drugs.
* COINBASE COIN.O, specializing in cryptoassets, announced on Monday that it had obtained the green light from the Italian authorities to continue offering its services in Italy. The title took 6.2% in pre-market, further driven by the rise of bitcoin BTC = BTSP to its highest level in a month at 22,503 dollars.
For this same reason, HUT 8 MINING HUT.O , MARATHON DIGITAL MARA.O , RIOT BLOCKCHAIN RIOT.O and BIT DIGITAL
BTBT.O rose between 2.5% and 8.8%.
* ROYAL CARIBBEAN GROUP RCL.N rose 2.7% in pre-market after the cruise operator announced the acquisition of the ship Endeavor for 275 million dollars, an amount well below the cost of construction.
The group, along with other cruise lines such as CARNIVAL CCL.N and NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE HOLDINGS NCLH.N, was also benefiting from easing speculation about a massive interest rate hike by the Federal Reserve. The securities gained between 2% and 2.7% in pre-market trading.
* JP MORGAN JPM.N – Berenberg raises its recommendation to “hold” versus “sell”.
* GENERAL MOTORS GM.N – Deutsche Bank lowers its recommendation to “hold” against “buy” and its target price from 57 to 36 dollars.
* KRAFT HEINZ KHC.O – Mizuho begins value tracking with a recommendation to “buy” and a price target of $48.
(Written by Olivier Cherfan in Gdansk, edited by Kate Entringer)
((For the schedule of results, double-click on RESF/US For the changes of recommendations, click on RCH/US ))