WWE SmackDown Orlando, Florida
The commentators are Michael Cole and Pat McAfee.
– Tonight is WWE SmackDown, the blue show starts with the commentators who welcome us. Michael Cole is in the ring and asks us to welcome Pat McAfee who recently re-signed with WWE. He picks up a microphone and he wants to apologize for being absent last week and leaving us Corey Graves for two hours… and Happy Corbin for ten minutes. We review what happened during the last episode of SmackDown.
Pat McAfee takes the mic and says the best thing Corbin has done in WWE is celebrate Shinsuke Nakamura the way he should be celebrated. McAfee knew Corbin long before we did. He had hair, he was humble and loved to learn. Once he set foot in WWE, he became an insufferable asshole who would do anything for a dollar. So at SummerSlam, it’s Pat McAfee’s job to beat him up and humiliate him so that he becomes a good person. Happy Corbin cuts him off and he’s backstage. He says Pat McAfee is too stupid, he should go back to the announce table. Corbin handled him so easily in Las Vegas. He will finish the job at SummerSlam. He might have monkeypox, so he’ll stay away from him for now…
Pat McAfee introduces us to Liv Morgan for the first game of the evening.
Liv Morgan vs. Natalya
At the end of the match, Liv Morgan made her ObLIVion on Natalya followed by the victory pinfall.
Winner: Liv Morgan
– After the match, Kayla Braxton is in the ring to congratulate her and notes that her victory was not as quick as Ronda Rousey’s victory against Natalya last week. Liv Morgan replies that she knows she’ll be the underdog at SummerSlam, but she’s been the underdog her whole life. We can call her what we want, but after SummerSlam, we’ll always call her “SmackDown Champion”!
– Backstage, Megan Morant is with Theory. Theory says it’s hard to be him, with great power comes great responsibility. He has a lot of enemies on RAW and SmackDown. He already has Bobby Lashley and Dolph Ziggler on RAW… Paul Heyman shows up and shakes Theory’s hand. He tells her that a cash-in against Roman Reigns would make no sense. If he wants, Theory and Heyman can work together and Heyman can work with Roman Reigns to set up a title match at a major event.
All he has to do is not cash-in at SummerSlam and let him handle it all. Theory thanks him, but assures that he goes cash-in on Brock Lesnar or Roman Reigns and will become the youngest Undisputed champion.
– The music of the Viking Raiders sounds… but it’s New Day coming in disguise! They tell us that they are the New Day in reality… Kofi Kingston cuts Xavier Woods and wants to know why Woods looks like a pirate. Woods replies that he is not good with accents. They played Assassin’s Creed on PS5 and they watched all the Thor movies. The (real) Viking Raiders arrive on the scene and the New Day calls them imposters.
The Viking Raiders tell them that once in the ring, the only words they will have left will be “crushed” and “broken”. Woods asks them if those are the only words they know, maybe they could teach them a few words. The Viking Raiders approach the ring, but Jinder Mahal and Shanky come from the sides to attack them! The New Day, Jinder Mahal and Shanky go to the ring, while the Viking Raiders return to the stage.
– Backstage, Kayla Braxton is with Ludwig Kaiser and Gunther. Let’s see what happened last week. Braxton asks Gunther why he attacked his teammate. Gunther replies that there is no room for failure, losing is unacceptable, losing has consequences. Kayla Braxton announces that Ludwig Kaiser will face Shinsuke Nakamura next week. Gunther hands a Chop to Kaiser.
– Aliyah enters. The turn of Lacey Evans who asks that her music be revived. Once in the ring, she picks up a microphone and says that maybe she’s not the best at it, but we’re clearly no better than her. She served her country and she put her life on the line for Americans. She overcame things that would crush an average American. It has everything one would like to have. Lacey Evans apologizes to everyone who was offended by her comments and then tells us to fuck off…
– Drew McIntyre comes in for his match against Sheamus. Before the game, Butch goes to take the bell and Sheamus goes to him to stop it. Butch rings the bell…and Ridge Holland is still in the ring with Drew McIntyre.
Drew McIntyre vs. Ridge Holland (accompanied by Sheamus & Butch)
At the end of the match, Drew McIntyre made the White Noise on Ridge Holland, followed by his Claymore Kick on Ridge Holland then pinned for victory.
Winner: Drew McIntyre
– Theory enters. Backstage, Megan Morant is with Madcap Moss but Paul Heyman joins them to talk to Moss. He shakes his hand and says Moss beat Corbin up so badly that he hasn’t been seen for weeks. If he does the same at Theory, Heyman will go to Roman Reigns to set up a match against Madcap Moss in the Main Event of a major event. Moss replies that he thinks Paul Heyman is worried about Theory’s cash-in at SummerSlam…
– A video of the Maximum Male Models is shown. Next week, the 2022 Beachwear collection will be presented with Max Dupri’s sister, Maxxine Dupri!
Theory vs. Madcap Moss
At the end of the match, Theory goes after Madcap Moss with his briefcase at ringside. The referee ends the game.
Winner: Madcap Moss – Via Disqualification
– After the match, Theory goes on stage. Sami Zayn joins him with a sling on his arm and he asks if he really heard Theory say that he will be the next Undisputed champion? Theory disrespects Roman Reigns. And if you disrespect the Bloodline, there are consequences.
As a representative of the Bloodline, he recommends that he apologize now. Theory asks him what he’s going to do with one arm. The Usos arrive and Theory goes ringside, but Madcap Moss picks him up and sends him into the ring post!
– Next week on SmackDown, Brock Lesnar will be back and we will have a face to face between Liv Morgan and Ronda Rousey!
– Sami Zayn is at the commentary table for the next game.
Jimmy Uso (accompanied by Jey Uso) vs. Angelo Dawkins (accompanied by Montez Ford)
At the end of the match, Jimmy Uso accidentally knocks the referee down. Angelo Dawkins attempts a roll up but the referee is still on the ground. Jimmy Uso gets up and puts a Superkick to Dawkins followed by the fall but the referee still does not move. Jimmy Uso goes to see the referee, he turns around and Angelo Dawkins makes him a Choke Bomb then the pinfall and the referee counts to three.
Winner: Angelo Dawkins
– Post-match replay shows Jimmy Uso’s shoulder was not on the ground. Both teams are in the ring and Adam Pearce arrives on the scene. He announces that he has found the perfect man to referee the match at SummerSlam… Jeff Jarrett ! A fight breaks out between the Usos and the Street Profits. The show ends like this.
Photo credit: WWE