Prince Charles allegedly received 3 million euros in cash from Qatar

A report points out that Prince Charles would have received, from the hands of a senior Qatari official, a bag containing 2.6 million pounds sterling (3 million euros) in cash. The crown says the money would have been immediately donated to one of the prince’s charities.

The donation was reportedly made by Sheikh Hamad bin Jassem al-Thani, the former prime minister of Qatar. It would have been given to the heir to the British throne in carrying bags from Fortnum & Mason, a luxury store which supplies Clarence House, the prince’s home.

The transfers are said to have taken place following meetings between the two men, including a private one-on-one meeting at Clarence House in 2015. Prince Charles and the Sheikh are said to have known each other for several decades already.

Sheikh Hamad, ‘the man who bought London’

In a statement, the spokesman for Clarence House immediately said that the money donated in 2015 had been “directed immediately to one of the prince’s charities [sur les comptes du Prince of Wales’s Charitable Fund (PWCF), ndlr]who assured us that all the processes had been respected”.

Counted by hand, the money would then have been given to Coutts, the private bank of the royal family. Without proof that this transfer was carried out illegally, specifies the Sunday Times. The 2015 donation would simply have been made in cash at “donor’s choice”.

Sheikh Hamad bin Jassem al-Thani is currently one of the richest men in the world. He had earned the nickname “the man who bought London” after making huge investments there, including buying Harrods and the InterContinental London Park Lane.

Comments

0 comments

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.